Known as “The Village by the Sea,” the city of Carlsbad offers the charm of a European town with the conveniences of a large city. As you wander streets lined with antique stores, boutique shops, and sidewalk cafes, you’ll soon discover much more, including miles of coastline, beautiful flower gardens and world-class resorts.
With a perfectly mild climate, each season offers a variety of unique events and activities, from street fairs to art walks. Steps away sit clean, uncrowded beaches for swimming, sunbathing and surfing as well as beautiful lagoons for fishing, bird-watching and nature trail hikes. Venture further to discover the unique destinations of LEGOLAND® California and SEA LIFE Aquarium or the nearby attractions of San Diego and Los Angeles.
Having only 103,000 residents, the city Carlsbad has also been able to maintain it gorgeous open spaces, while providing a friendly small-town atmosphere and unmatched amenities. No matter what you choose to do on vacation, Carlsbad, California, promises to offer up special experiences and fun-filled memories that will last a lifetime.
Ready to have some fun? The City of Carlsbad offers residents so many things to see and do, it's hard to know where to start:
- Enjoy the arts? Check out the city's sculpture garden, art gallery and free concerts in the park.
- Being active and healthy is part of the Carlsbad way of life. Join a youth or adult sports league or sign up for the Super Hero Family Obstacle Race.
- Check out all the fun City of Carlsbad special events.
- Looking for a great read or low-cost entertainment? Enjoy choosing from more than 300,000 books, DVDs, CDs and audiobooks at the city's three libraries.
- Ready to get back to nature? Take a walk on Carlsbad’s extensive trail system.
- Enjoy spectacular ocean views while working on your game at The Crossings at Carlsbad golf course
- Want to meet other active adults 50+? The city's senior center has programs and events all year long.
- Speaking of events, be sure to check the city's online calendar for upcoming city events.
- Water activities abound year-round. Surf Carlsbad's beaches, take a boat or go fishing in one of the lagoons, swim at Alga Norte Aquatic Center or the Monroe Street Pool.
- Kids looking for something to do? Try one of the city's beautiful parks, attend a library story time or sign up for classes and camps.
- Interested in local history? Take a self-guided tour of historic sites in Carlsbad.